Greater Philadelphia/Valley Forge Dental Conference
Select your Member Type from the left menu to get started
Note: If registering staff members only, select "member" or "non-member" registration tab based on the membership status of the Doctor for the office where the staff works!
GPVFDC Continues with a new post-COVID format to better serve our member dentists!
Friday, March 11, 2022 - Featuring John A. Molinari, Ph.D.
Vally Forge Casino Resort
Course: 8:30 - 12:00 & 1:00 - 4:30 - Lunch is included!
Audience: All - 7 hrs of CE Credit
GPVFDC Offers FREE CE to 2nd District Members - Plus reduced staff fees.*
Spots are limited. Register early!
Pre-registration required, no walk-in registration available.
Download our brochure here
Optional Paper Registration: print here
What You Need To Know! Keeping You and Your Patients Safe in Pandemic Times
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted the delivery of health care. This seminar will discuss its impact on dentistry by presenting the most recent infection control recommendations and regulations as they relate to clinical settings.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Discuss current status of COVID-19 and SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Describe application of standard precautions as the foundation of infection prevention.
- Comprehend recommended transmission-based precautions associated with controlling aerosols and airborne pathogens.
- Understand the most recent updates for CDC, OSHA, NIOSH, and EPA infection control recommendations and regulations.
- Understand the rationale for effective, hand hygiene procedures and PPE.
- Describe procedures for instrument re-processing and sterilization.
- Describe the use of disinfectants used in environmental surface asepsis.
- Describe factors which can lead to dental unit waterline (DUWL) contamination.
- Comprehend practical strategies which can minimize DUWL contamination.
- Understand the “why” as well as the "what" of infection control procedures.
Vaccine Recommendations: Science, Success, & Myths
This seminar will address vaccination as one of the most
effective public health approaches for protection of both
the general population and health care professionals. Current science concerning the effect of SARS-CoV-2 variants on vaccine protection, vaccine boosters, and viral break though infections will be included where appropriate. In addition, information pertaining to available vaccines and emerging technologies used in the prevention of adult infectious diseases, especially those with increased occupational
risks for healthcare professionals (i.e., hepatitis B, influenza, pertussis), will compromise a portion of the discussion.
- Comprehend the overall impact vaccinations have had in protecting the population against infectious diseases.
- Understand the most recent updated information concerning COVID-19 vaccines.
- Discuss the latest CDC vaccine recommendations for health care professionals.
- Describe dangers of public misperceptions against vaccines.
* SPONSORED BY THE 2ND DISTRICT DENTAL ASSOCIATION - FREE TO VERIFIED MEMBERS OF BUCKS, CHESTER, DELAWARE, LEHIGH, MONTGOMERY & NORTHAMPTON COUNTY DENTAL SOCIETIES!