Greater Philadelphia/Valley Forge Dental Conference
Select your Member Type from the left menu to get started
Note: If registering staff members only, select "member" or "non-member" registration tab based on the membership status of the Doctor for the office where the staff works!
GPVFDC Continues with a new post-COVID format to better serve our member dentists!
Friday, October 28, 2022 - Featuring Dr. Barbara Steinberg
Valley Forge Casino Resort
Course: 8:30 - 12:00 & 1:00 - 4:30 - Lunch is included!
Audience: All - 6 hrs of CE Credit
GPVFDC Offers FREE CE to 2nd District Members - Plus reduced staff fees.*
Spots are limited. Register early!
Pre-registration required, no walk-in registration available.
Download our brochure here
Optional Paper Registration: print here
The 4 “S’s” of Optimal Aging Post COVID: "Sex, Sleep, Stress and Social Networks"
Dr. Steinberg will present the impact of sex, sleep, stress on disease and aging post COVID. The importance of social networks, optimism and laughter and their benefit to successful aging will be discussed.
- Discover the commonalities of successful aging and disease prevention
- Discuss the impact of sex, stress reduction and sleep in maintaining a healthy life in these post COVID times
- Understand how optimism, strong social networks, and life filled with laughter create the healthiest lifestyles.
Intimate Partner Violence Post COVID Lock-down
Emotional recovery period post COVID may be prolonged for those who worked to keep feelings of physical and mental fragility at bay during the pandemic. For some, marital, partner and familial stressors have gone from normal tensions to intimate partner violence (IPV). The stay-at-home restrictions, preventing the spread of COVID-19, increased these incidents of IPV
Members of the dental team will learn:
- The incidence, risk factors and manifestations of IPV
- Identify oro-facial and head and neck findings caused by physical abuse
- Communication techniques to approach patients with suspected trauma secondary to IPV
Eating Disorders: Medical, Dental and Oral Health Considerations
Eating disorders represent a complex spectrum of chronic illnesses, with medical and psychologic complications that lead to the second highest mortality of all psychiatric disorders.. Members of the dental team play an integral role in helping to identify those patients with undiagnosed eating disorders.
- The attendee will gain an understanding of the psychologic and medical issues associated with eating disorders.
- The attendee will be able to identify oro-facial manifestations associated with eating disorders.
- The attendee will learn how to address and manage the dental issues associated with eating disorders.
- The attendee will gain an appreciation of the negative impact that COVID-19 has had on eating disordered individuals.
* SPONSORED BY THE 2ND DISTRICT DENTAL ASSOCIATION - FREE TO VERIFIED MEMBERS OF BUCKS, CHESTER, DELAWARE, LEHIGH, MONTGOMERY & NORTHAMPTON COUNTY DENTAL SOCIETIES!